Take Me Out to the Ball Game…
2017 Opening Day is behind us but it is never too late to come out enjoy the great game of Baseball.
2017 Registrations ARE OPEN, click HERE.
Any parent who has coached in the past or who would like to help out, we could use your help.
The Geneva Baseball & Softball League is a non-profit, volunteer-run baseball & softball league in Geneva, Switzerland. We aim to teach the fundamentals of baseball and softball in an environment which promotes sportsmanship and teamwork.
In early 2017, we joined forces and united all baseball and softball leagues in the Geneva-area to form part of a single organization, thus providing more opportunities for YOU to get into the field and PLAY BALL!
There are four sub-Leagues within the GBSL for you to participate:
- Youth Geneva Baseball & Softball League – Our core. For boys & girls between 4-18 years old. Local games with opportunities to represent Geneva in nation-wide competition.
- 5 divisions to chose from: T-ball (4 to 7 years old), Coaches Pitch (8-10), Minors (11-13), Majors (14 -18), and Softball (12-18).
- Adult Baseball League – The Geneva Dragons . For players over 15 years old, representing Geneva throughout the French-Speaking region of Switzerland.
- Women’s Fast Pitch Softball League – The Geneva Jets . For women over 15 years old, representing Geneva throughout all of Switzerland.
- Adult Slow-Pitch Softball League – A Co-ed softball League truly representing the diverse population of our city. Local games only.
Now that the season is under way, all league practices and most home games are played at the Centre Sportif de Vessy.
Any child and or youth player interested in trying out baseball/softball or the league is invited to come out to the Vessy diamond on Saturday mornings. We’d be happy for them to try it out. We can even lend them a glove for the day.
Any adult or youth player 16 and older looking to play some baseball should come to our Adult Practice on Thursday evenings.
If you are ready to join the league, please visit the Registration page to find out how to sign up. See you on the field!